[mythtv-users] www.d1.com.au

Will egroups at klubbing.com
Thu Apr 7 13:04:58 UTC 2005

Ryszard wrote:
> i dont mind top posting, i dont really understand what the fuss is
> about.  its email, its words and letters, and any quoted words and
> letters can be read just as easily if the reply is top or bottom..
>
> perhaps i just dont find it that difficult.

I think the main reason that people make a point of mentioning it is
because in a mailing list you don't want a mix of top posters and bottom
posters within a thread (take this one as an example).

The main devs here prefer bottom posting, and I think that is mostly
because it's conventional in internet posting history (see
http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/archive_announce_20.html).

Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but I believe top posting was
introduced (to the mass public anyway) by Microsoft in Outlook Express,
and this was much later on in history.

Will