[mythtv-users] A/V out of sync due to dropped frames

Ian Trider iantri at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:00:38 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 10:21 PM, Justin Gombos <mindfuq at fairfieldi.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better in that case to reconstruct the missing video
> frames, rather than drop audio frames?  Missing video frames can
> probably be reconstructed by interpolating the 'before' and 'after'
> frames, no?

Yes, but it won't look the same -- and you can gently drop some audio
frames over a larger period of time without it being noticable.

WRT to your Plextor ConvertX it sounds to me like a USB bandwidth
issue since it is an external device -- are you sure it is working at
USB2.0 speed?  USB1.1 speed is -just- enough for it to work most of
the time (11mbps theoretical is dangerously close to what you would be
recording at -- 3-5mbps..).

--
Ian Trider
iantri at gmail.com