[mythtv-users] Capture Card Priority

Ian Trider iantri at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:58:09 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 8:57 AM, Michael Cheshire (Mailing Lists)
<michael-mlists at cheshire.id.au> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Is there a setting that will make myth use one card as a priority before it
> uses another?

I have a similar issue -- I have two cards, one tuning from an
antenna, one inputting from a satelliteI pull in (via antenna) locals
in Buffalo, NY and Toronto, ON.  They are in very different
directions, so I need to use an antenna rotor to make the Buffalo
stations come in.  Satellite has the same channels on it. Because it
is difficult to predict whether the antenna will be tuned correctly at
any given time, I have set the 'chanpriority' in the channels table of
the mythtv database higher (i.e. 3 or 4) on the Buffalo channels on
satellite.

MythTV recognizes stations with identical callsigns to be the same, so
increasing the chanpriority causes it to prefer recording Buffalo
stations from satellite, unless it is otherwise occupied -- it will
then switch to antenna (possibly not pointed in the right direction,
but better than nothing).

If you set 'chanpriority' on the channels coming in through the DVB-T
card to higher than that of the chanpriority of channels coming in
through the set-top box, it should rather record from the DVB-T card
unless it can avoid it.

Untested SQL for doing this (WARNING!  COULD BORK YOUR DATABASE IF IT
ISN"T QUITE RIGHT!)

UPDATE channel SET chanpriority=5 WHERE sourceid=42;

.. put the sourceid of your DVB-T card in where I've put '42'.

--
Ian Trider
iantri at gmail.com