[mythtv-users] Capture Card Priority

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Wed Apr 6 18:32:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 10:27:56PM +0930, Michael Cheshire (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Is there a setting that will make myth use one card as a priority before it uses another?
>
> I have Foxtel Digital coming in thru my PVR-350, and Free to Air Digital coming in through a DVB-T Card.
>
> I would have thought that myth would have been smart enough to work out that if there are 2 programs to be recorded at the same time and one is on Fox and on TV that it would use my DVB card to record the program on FTA and the PVR-350 to record the show on fox (note that I also get all the FTA channels through foxtel - which is useful if I want to record 2 FTA programs at once).
>
> However I caught Mythtv NOT recording a show on Foxtel becuase it was recording a show that was on Free To Air - stupidly it was recording the Free to air program of the Foxtel input. ???
>
> M.

Likely what happened is that mythtv considered one recording more
important than the other and thus chose to put that higher priority
recording on the higher priority card, usually the first card you
configured unless you adjusted the input preference under the Input
connections in the mythtv-setup program.

In any case, if you want to know how the scheduler works you could do
worse than reading the documentation on the subject.  It explains
things a lot better than I can.