[mythtv-users] Newest CVS broke TV Wonder VE (well I probably did, but this sounds better)

Paul Harvey paul.l.harvey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:39:39 UTC 2005

Have you tried xawtv or something besides Myth?

The ATI TV Wonder I have can have the problem you mentioned.
Sometimes reloading the driver will work, other times I've had to
reboot the machine to get it to work.  The problem doesn't seem to be
Myth itself.

On Apr 5, 2005 12:18 PM, Travis Gilbert <tr4visag at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Due to the Daylight Savings issues, I switched from
> Gentoo's ebuild of MythTV to the latest CVS.  I
> unmerged mythtv and related packages (mythvideo,
> mythdvd, etc.), but left supporting packages like
> mysql.  The patch works great for fixing the time
> problem so thank you for that.  However, my TV Wonder
> VE does not work anymore.  I did not change the
> driver, it's a module built with my 2.6 kernel.  Now
> if I try and watch TV using MythTV, Myth tells me all
> available inputs are used for recording.  I can verify
> that nothing's recording though, and Myth's System
> Status says my tuner is not available.  I also
> obviously can't record anything, but there's no error
> message I can find about that.  I've tried playing
> with my bttv module settings, but no luck.  All I did
> was unmerge the myth ebuilds and then follow these
> instructions for going to CVS:
>
> (cd /usr/local && mkdir mythtv && cd mythtv)
> cvs -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
> login
> cvs -z3 -d
> :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
> checkout mythtv
> cvs -z3 -d
> :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
> checkout mythvideo
> cvs -z3 -d
> :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
> checkout mythmusic
> cvs -z3 -d
> :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
> checkout mythweather
>
> cd mythtv
> ./configure --enable-mp3lame --enable-vorbis
> qmake mythtv.pro
> make
> make install
> cd ..
>
> cd mythmusic
> ./configure --enable-all
> qmake mythmusic.pro
> make
> make install
> cd ..
>
> cd mythvideo
> qmake mythvideo.pro
> make
> make install
> cd ..
>
> cd mythweather
> qmake mythweather.pro
> make
> make install
> cd ..
>
> These instructions were taken from
> http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/~fittond/myth_tv_dvb-t.html
> and I left out mythweb and mythdvd 'cause I don't need
> them.  MythWeather is fine and so is playing back my
> saved recordings, but new recording and live tv is
> broken.  Any ideas?  If you need I can post relevant
> log sections or configurations, just let me know what
> you want.
>
> Thanks,
> Travis Gilbert

I have Gmail invites... Email me if you want one!