[mythtv-users] frontend only remote?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Apr 4 18:16:13 UTC 2005

On 4/4/2005 1:47 PM, mark at onnow.net wrote:

>Quoting "kanetse at gmail.com" <kane.tse at gmail.com>:
>

>>Don't forget about the ATi Remote Wonder, it has worked very nicely for me.
>>

>I would love to hear some options on this.  It is pretty cheap and might be a
>good solution.  Does it work with FC3?

Repaired top posting so we know what you are asking.

Yes, the ATI remote wonder works with FC3 (and FC2).  The drivers have
been included in the kernel since 2.6.something (2.6.5 maybe?)

The default keymap is not optimal for mythtv.  It is a standard input
driver so you can change the buttons using xmodmap (I hear), or you can
do what I did and modify the driver source.  This isn't  as flexible
though, you will need to recompile every time you make a change.  Here
is a link to an old diff that I made.  I think it is against 2.6.9.  I
haven't used it in a while so it may not apply, but you should be able
to get an idea of how to modify it.

http://thegeorges.us/mythtv/ati_remote.diff

Also, it is an RF remote so it *should* work in better than an IR
remote.  But it doesn't for me.  I must have too much RF in my living
room, because I would always have to point the remote in a certain way
(and I am only about 8 feet from the receiver).

--
David

HDTV capable frontend I am working on (now with a picture)
  http://mythhd.info