[mythtv-users] Anyone using commercial detection in the UK with success?

Christopher McEwan christopher.mcewan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:57:31 UTC 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 8:56 AM, David <myth at dgreaves.com> wrote:
> Steve Christall wrote:
>
> > Anyone in the UK using detection with success? and if so, what
> > channels! (and why?!)
>
> sucess - yes, but very limited! There's no way I could ever rely on it.
> I think the logo detection method is the only way that works for me on
> certain sky channels.
>
> I just jump forward 4 minutes by pressing 4, right arrow
>
> David

The only commercial detection that is working sucessfully for me in
the UK is the aspect ratio change that happens on certain channels
(Five, The Simpsons, for example) whereby the show is transmitted in
4:3 with the commercials in 16:9

The strange thing is, when I used to record shows with my PVR250 the
commercial detection was very good. When I switched to DVB it never
got it right ?? I thought that the cleaner signal would have improved
its accuracy, obviously I was wrong ;)

--
Regards,

~CM