[mythtv-users] Resolutions, image issues.

Kevin Saenz ksaenz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 01:09:19 UTC 2005

I have some weird issues in Canberra with displaying DTV.
the default resolution is set to 800x600, when I watch TV, any show
that has heaps of movement and sound I get some drop out and the image
is horizontal waves, it seems like the refresh rates is too slow or
the machine can't handle the work.

I have an AMD XP2800+
512 Mg RAM
200Gig hdd.
Fusion DVB card
ATI9700 Card
Pioneer DVD Writer.

When I watch DVDs I only have a 3rd image display so the mail box view
is smaller than watching dvds on a normal dvd player.

What is the best resolution to set X for TV display?

Thanks

Kevin