[mythtv-users] Satelite service recommendation for use w/ MythTV

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 23:35:39 UTC 2005

I've had a working MythTV box for a couple months now, and so far it's
been tuning my basic cable channels that my local cable company has.
I've been thinking about switching to DSS for TV cause their lineups
have more to offer than my local cable.

My main questions are,

Dish or DirectTV? My brother (a home theater installer) says go with
Dish, it's better...true?

Are there any specific hardware boxes I should look for? I'm assuming
I'll just tune the DSS box w/ MythTV and use lircd to change channels,
but are there any boxes with Firewire worth seeking out instead?

-Kenneth