[mythtv-users] mythtv box hw

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 10:56:54 EDT 2004

WRT searching mythtv-users , try this:
www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
- ciaran

----- Original Message -----
From: Liivo Liivrand <liivo at nnm.ee>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:29:11 +0300
Subject: [mythtv-users] mythtv box hw
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org

Hello!

I guess this topic has been discussed about thousand times here, but
as mythtv-users list is not searchable (or where could I find the
search for it?) I'm asking anyway.

I'd like to build my own mythtv box from following hw (plan to purchase):
MB & CPU: VIA Epia M10000 or MII 12000
RAM: 256MB
HDD: 2,5" 4200RPM ~40GB or 3,5"
TV: PVR-250 (or PVR-350)?

I'm planning to use PCI ribbon-cable extender for TV-card, large
heatsink and custom made case to use this setup as fanless. No CD or
DVD drive! My goal is to have a box capable of recording shows with
time-shift capable. Also requirement is that if recording from TV, I
would be able to view already recorded shows from MPEG-2 and/or xvid
format? Currently I own Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Expert (Connexant
23880), could I use this card for this setup?

TIA,
Liivo.

- Ciaran
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/ (Share the love)