[mythtv-users] MythTV and DISH - a great solution

Greg Foster greg.foster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 07:13:07 EDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 05:10:59 -0400, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone tried this out on the older dish network models
> > like the 2700?
> >
> > --Ajay
>
> Yes it works fine with the 2700/2800.

As mentioned back in this thread (I think),  building a simple IR
transmitter (found at http://www.lirc.org/transmitters.html) and
modifying LIRC to co-exist with your existing receiver (Hauppauge
WinTV PVR 350 in my case) works just fine to control
Expressvu/Dish_Network receivers.  Check the list, there was a recent
post on different "remote id" requirements for different receivers.
In my case, a 3100 (dp.301 in the US) needs id #9.

Excellent guide on modifying the source http://members.cox.net/rwraithr

My apologies if this isn't the most current link.  Seem to remember
there being a post recently that had the source modified already.
Using since Mar-2004 without a single change-change miss.

Greg.