[mythtv-users] best setup in my case

Peter Dash peter.dash at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 06:30:43 EDT 2004

I've been running 0.15 and 0.16 for a while now on gentoo without any
major problems. The only gotcha I came across was that the ebuild
wants to pull in linuxtv-dvb (I'm using a Nebula Digitv dvb-t card) as
a dependency even though I don't need it because I'm running a 2.6
kernel. It's relatively easy to hack a solution to this but I wanted
to do it a bit more cleanly and that took a little more effort.

I think in the end it involved changing the ebuild (which edits
settings.pro according to your USE settings) to point to dvb headers
that I placed in a different location to the kernel dvb headers
because the kernel headers should always be private to kernel. In the
end not so difficult but just took a bit of time to figure out a nice
clean way to do it. I don't remember having any xml depency problems
and mythweb installed fine after I sorted out perl properly.