[mythtv-users] best setup in my case

Albert Ulmer jayaeu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 04:14:26 EDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:29:41 -0400, Preston Crow
<pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 11:12, Albert Ulmer wrote:
> > 1. Is this possible at all? Can the frontends get live video streams
> > from the backend's TV capture card?
>
> Yup, that's a normal way of running Myth.  The only issue is network
> bandwidth.  You're problem fine with wireless, but 100Mb ethernet is
> better, especially if you want to send HDTV.

Bandwidth won't be a problem. I'm running a fully switched 100 MBit/s
network now and I'm planning on upgrading my "backbone" to 1 GBit/s
during the cold winter nights to come. ;)

Apart from that, I'll be looking into setting up QoS on the network,
so that streamed packets are processed with higher priority than my
girlfriend's web browsing. :)

Best regards,
Albert.