[mythtv-users] mplayer/xine both crash playing WMA files

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Mon Sep 27 05:28:40 EDT 2004

Hi,

> 1.) The w32codec package wasn't installed by default, so after
> installing that I tried to play a .wmv home movie that used to play OK
> on fc1 mplayer/xine and both segfault with the w32codec installed.  I
> found this thread on atrpms, but it was some months ago and the
> resolution wasn't clear.  Has anyone else had success using atrpms
> installed mplayer/xine to play .wmv files in FC2?

There seems to be a problem with prelink and the win32codecs / wine.
I added this to /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/exec-shield
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/exec-shield-randomize

and changed this line in /etc/sysconfig/prelink:
PRELINK_OPTS="-mR --no-exec-shield"

Then, rm /etc/prelink.cache and run /etc/cron.daily/prelink.

Hope that helps you.

Kind regards,

Mark