[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV PVR usb2

Helge Jensen helge.jensen at slog.dk
Sun Sep 26 05:43:57 EDT 2004

What is the status on WinTV PVT usb2 support? Has anyone got it working?

The FAQ at http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1 says:

   Hardware known NOT to work and other issues
       * ...
       * Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-usb, usb2 or PCI cards (no driver - this is
         not the PVR-250/350 series of cards supported by the
         IvyTV driver)

But at http://justiceforall.free.fr/pvrusb2.html, a v4l2 driver is
available. It compiles cleanly agaist my kernel, but obviously i have
not tested it since i have not yet purchased a card.

I tried searching the mailing-list archives at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/, linked to by
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-1.html#ss1.4, but that dies with
an error: "Error: Non-existent table specified".

I tried searching the full-text mailing lists for the last few months,
avaliable at http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/, but that doesn't
really yield any info on the status of pvr-usb2 support.

PS: I ask here at the mythtv-users list because getting mythtv working
decides whether I will purchase a pvr-usb2 card. I rather like the
purchase I end up doing to be a USB device because that allows me to use
it on my laptop.

--
Helge