[mythtv-users] live tv no signal locks frontend

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Sep 25 05:45:52 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 08:51:22AM -0400, James Armstrong wrote:
> I have a problem where I go to Watch Live TV, it defaults to my pchd2000
> card. The channel it is defaulting to does not have enough signal
> strength and the backend says it is giving up and aborts the recording.
> The problem is the frontend does not seem to get notified and just sits
> there with a black screen and ignores keypresses. I think it may
> eventually timeout but it takes a few minutes. Is there a way to keep
> the frontend from locking up so I can display the epg and change the
> channel, or disaplay a message on the frontend saying the signal was too
> low to display the channel?

That would be good. But meanwhile, some notes:

Firstly, it defaults to the last channel you watched. You can also
change the initial channel in the setup program, so that you don't go to
that channel first and can then change to others.

Secondly, why not remove that channel from your configuration if you
can't receive it?

Hamish