[mythtv-users] Avermedia Ultra TV hardware encoder cards

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Tue Sep 21 09:11:42 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

Recently Avermedia has released two new PVR type cards called the Ultra TV
Media Center 500 and 550.  The 500 has an mpeg2 encoder and the 550 also has
a decoder.  Does anyone know anything about these cards?  Will they work With
Mythtv?  Do they use the same chips as the PVR 250/350?

These things are pretty cheap, I can get the 500 for $132 CDN, and the 550 for
$155.  If they worked, it would be a pretty nice upgrade or addition to my
Matrox Rainbow Runner G.

Mark