[mythtv-users] PVR 350 ans Suse9.1

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 23 22:03:48 EDT 2004

On 09/23/2004 07:56 PM, Juergen Sachs wrote:

>I own a PVR350 now for a while and failed to get it working (completly)
>under Suse Linux 9.1.
>If I made a "dmesg |grep ivtv" I see a few things confusing me, but I am
>no expert in such things (The whole output plus a few lines is at the
>end of the post)
>1) "saa7127: Unknown parameter `enable_output'"
>2) "ivtv: unsupported module, tainting kernel.", is this a normal
>message ?
>3) "ivtv: i2c client addr: 0x44 not found!"

With Chris Kennedy's current patches, it is important that you get rid
of all the ivtv configuration junk in your mod{ules,probe}.conf file.
The only lines related to ivtv should be:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

Please try loading with only these lines and then post the output from
the ivtv init.  You can grab the init information with:

tac /var/log/messages |
sed -n '/=  END INIT IVTV  =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
           /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
tac

Thanks,
Mike