MythTV and Directv (was Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV and DISH - a great solution)

David George david at
Thu Sep 23 11:16:44 EDT 2004

On 9/23/2004 10:51 AM, John Thomas wrote:

>Nice guide.  I've been considering going the satelite route for my next move.
>I'm curious if this same process can be generalize to be used on all
>satelite networks (ie. Direct TV)
>If not, what changes do you think would need to be looked at?
Many of the Directv receivers have the low-speed serial port mentioned
(especially RCA).  I have the RCA DRD435RH Directv receiver and made my
own serial cable using instructions from with
the external channel changer script from .  Solid channel
changes.  Never had a problem.