[mythtv-users] Build myth modules without installing mythtv

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 15:20:00 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 12:42, Ben Brown wrote:
> I believe the myth modules build against the installed mythlib.  Can
> somebody tell me how I can build mythtv and modules against a non
> installed version.  I'll like to automate the process of downloading
> cvs and building so that once a week, it would pull down the sources
> and build everything. Then I could install it whenever I was ready.

I use GNU Stow to manage my CVS installations.  It allows me to build
and 'install' to a directory that I specify; then when I'm ready, I use
stow to 'activate' the installation by making the necessary symlinks
in /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/share, etc...

Here is a script I cobbled together to do a complete build of Myth & all
plugins, and install it to a stow directory.  Use at your own risk!

-JAC