[mythtv-users] Peer-to-peer commercial skipping

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Wed Sep 22 11:26:43 EDT 2004

Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>The peer-to-peer threads got me thinking about other peer-to-peer
>>opportunities other than sharing recordings.
>>
>>How about sharing commercial cut list information?  Now, I imagine there
>>are varying commercial length breaks, depending on where you are, but
>>what probably is consistent is the length of each show segment.  Maybe
>>this information can be shared for more accurate commercial detection.
>

> This wouldn't do much good since it would require everyone's recordings
> to start at the same exact second down to the exact frame and shows
> that were rebroadcast or tape-delayed could have different length
> commercials in them at different times and really screw things up.

Why not share current time info between the machines to help deduce any
potential timing offsets between the machines? Besides once you have it down
  to a cetain general time frame of a few seconds you can use whatever fuzzy
logic is in place now to find the frame where things change. This actually
sounds pretty cool. :-)
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue cast the first scone