[mythtv-users] I Fixed my Myth!

Jason Elwell elwell at smartlp.com
Sun Sep 19 21:00:02 EDT 2004

Michael S. Keller wrote:

>> I just couldnt pass up.  Much to my surprise after installing the new
>> drive and re-mounting /var/video, MythTV .16 now works PERFECTLY!
>> The picture is great, the sound is great, no video stutter.... PERFECT!
> DMA problems (before)?
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Nope.  DMA was on.  The old drive was 5400 rpm unit but from what I hear
that shouldnt make a difference.  The only things I could contribute the
problems to the fact that my OS shared the same physical drive as my
/var/video partition.  Either that or the possibility that as the free
space on the drive diminished, either  Linux or Myth itself was running
into cache/buffering/swapping type issues.