[mythtv-users] debugging nuvexport?

Greg geflatt at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sat Sep 18 17:40:43 EDT 2004

I had a problem using the mpeg2cut into nuvexport similar to what you
describe. I think you can run nuvexport with a '-debug' option to get
more details.

As far as the problem I had goes... Well first off I don't run the
install.sh script, I just unpack and run, which works for me, however I
don't use nuvexport heavily. Basically for mpeg2cut and sql/nuv
exporting. Using the debug option I determined that mpeg2cut was not
being executed when run from nuvexport (by running ./nuvexport in the
directory it resides). I modified the file 'export_MPEG2_cut.pm' on line
87 and added 'sh' to the front of the string stored in the $command
variable.

my $command = "sh mpeg2cut $main::video_dir/$self->{episode}->{filename}
$safe_outfile $self->{episode}->{lastgop} ";

That got the script working for me.

Greg