[mythtv-users] Remote Control Setup

Jonathan Link jonathan.link at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 18:11:35 EDT 2004

I'm a bit confused, but I thought I'd add my $.02.
When I first got my PVR-250, it had a bad remote, I banged my head
against the box for days trying to get the remote working under
RH9/Myth.  I finally decided the only way I could quickly test the
remote was to install the PVR into another box, with windows and test
it that way.  I'm sort of comfortable with Fedora/RH, more comfortable
with FreeBSD, and most comfortable with Windows system administration,
but I knew if I tested it in another (supported) format I would be
able to prove the remote doesn't work.  Sure enough, the remote did
not work under windows, I had itreplaced, and the new one works just
fine.  Sometimes attacking the problem from another direction will
give you clues...  Knowing it does/does not work under Windows will
give you more information.

Regards,
Jonathan