[mythtv-users] HD480i TV-out

Adrian Byng-Clarke adrianbc at MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 19 08:56:52 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've been trying to get acceptable TV-out quality from my mythbox. I'm using the
latest NVIDIA drivers (NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111-pkg1.run)  and trying to get
the new HD480i mode working at 640x480 (for optimal sharpness/quality) over
SVideo. The standard NTSC-M looks more blurry than my broadcast so I'm shooting
for the new 480i mode.

Here's my hardware:

Chaintech 7NIF2 (using Integrated GeForce4 MX)
Athlon XP 1300
512 Megs of Ram

This is connected to my 27" Sony KV27XBR45 Television via SVIDEO.

When this fails for me it seems to be because the NVIDIA driver doesn't like the
modelines/screens that I have provided. Please post working XF86Config-4 and
any advice that you think would be helpful.

Thanks,

Adrian