[mythtv-users] Problems in "Watchs TV"

Matt Vollmar matt at vollmars.com
Sat Sep 18 08:13:37 EDT 2004

Here is what I have found with a little trial and error.  I cannot both
watch and record at the same time.  It taps my system.  I think part of
this may be due to Xorg problems with DRI, etc, because when I watch
top, I see no process hogging CPU.  One thing I may try is getting a new
Video Card.  I think I my get a PVR-350 too, since those seem pretty
cool.  Anyway, I found that I could record without watching, then watch
when it was done.  Depending on the quality of the recording, it took
anywhere from 30%-60% (not sure why so high there).  Watching took at
least 30% more, so that finishes it off.

I feel like I understand a little more, but I am still unsure about my
setup.  For instance, why was a 2 hour recording over 6 GB last night?
I'm a definite newb when it comes to MythTV, but I've used Linux long
enough to know how to fix most problems.

Matt