[mythtv-users] Crashes with 0.16 - anyone else?

Nathan Elliott nelliott at gci.com
Fri Sep 17 21:52:19 EDT 2004

I understand that MythTV *shouldn't* be able to "crash" my system
completely...however:

0.15 runs PERFECTLY.  I use it all the time, and I never have any problems
with it at all.

Building 0.16 went fine, but my system hangs completely after just a few
seconds when watching recordings or live TV.  The video freezes on the
screen, and the keyboard becomes totally unresponsive.  My SSH session from
another PC stops responding as well.  The only thing that it DOES respond to
is ICMP echo requests...how exciting.  =)

After failing to figure anything out at all, I went back to the old 0.15
build directory and did "make install".  Now I'm running 0.15 again, and
everything is working perfectly again.

I'm partially inclined to just ignore 0.16 and forget about it... it seems
like I might be the only one with the problem, but figured one last message
to the list might be worthwhile.

Thanks to everyone who has ever contributed to this project.  I love my
MythTV system, and I'm grateful to everyone who has worked so hard to get
the project where it is today!!