[mythtv-users] Problems in "Watchs TV"

Matt Vollmar matt at vollmars.com
Fri Sep 17 10:37:12 EDT 2004

I have the same issues, although my system is a little less powerful.
I've been wondering if some of my settings are wrong.  For instance, I'm
using mpeg4 because rtjpeg doesn't come as an RPM and I didn't feel like
compiling.  It could also be DRI not working correctly in Xorg 6.8.

OS: Mandrake 10.1 Cooker with extra new stuff from Thac
Processor:  AMD Athlon 900
RAM:  448 MB (or something like that)
HD: 10 GB (I know...tiny...I will run it on an external when I get it
working right)
Video Card:  3dfx Voodoo 3 (DRI does NOT work with Xorg)
Capture Card: Brooktree BT878 (ATI TV Wonder, I think)
Sound:  SB Live! (EMU10k1)

I would love to hear any ideas.

Matt