[mythtv-users] mythgame problems

James Tyson james at giantrobot.co.nz
Fri Sep 17 00:43:35 EDT 2004

Hi all.

I have mythgame 0.16 installed, and when I try and run it all I get is
"this version of xmame is not supported".  I read in the archives that
this is really just a generic error message that the xmame binary
outputted something that the frontend didn't expect to see.

When I run xmame -version from an xterm as user mythtv I get:

info: trying to parse: /etc/xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /home/mythtv/.xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /etc/xmame/xmame-x11rc
info: trying to parse: /home/mythtv/.xmame/xmame-x11rc
xmame (x11) version 0.74.1 (Sep 20 2003)

I'm running Debian sarge.  Has anyone at all made mythgame work on
Debian?  I even bought a couple of USB gamepads!

---
James Tyson
If it's gigantic, it's probably something to do with us.
Giant Robot Ltd, http://www.giantrobot.co.nz/