[mythtv-users] Video lags behind sound

Chris La Force halfbarrel at rocketmail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:52:59 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,
   I'm just looking for a little direction here.  I
have just setup MythTv about a month ago and since I
have set it up I have had problems with the audio and
video being out of sync. It seems that the video is
well being the audio maybe 15 to 20 seconds.  I have
played around the audio buffering and a/v syncing
options but to no avail.  One thing that I have
noticed is in my GUI mixer in GNOME I have my ALSA
mixer tab for my SoundBlaster Audigy card and another
mixer(mayber OSS type).  In MythTv they both produce
sound so I always leave one(the OSS) muted because it
produces echoy sound that just repeats over and over
anyways. I am very new to this and very lost at this
point.  I like what I see from this product so far and
am very interested in getting it working correctly.
Some other specs:
Capture Card: Hauppauge WinTV Theater
Video Card: Nvidia GForce 5200
Sound Card: SoundBlaster Audigy