[mythtv-users] What's changed in MythVideo / MPlayer?

Phil Bridges phil at gravityhammer.com
Wed Sep 15 09:08:47 EDT 2004

After upgrading to MythTV 0.16 (using Axel's RPMs), I suddenly have no AC3
content in my AC3-encoded AVIs.  Everything is mixed back down to
two-channel stereo.

My mplayer config file reads (thanks, Jarod):
# run full-screen
# zoom image to fill the screen
# disable mplayer's usual verbosity
# use XVideo for video output
# don't enable joystick
# use alsa for audio out, through spdif
# if ac3 audio, send raw stream to my amp, else fall back

Looking at the verbose mode, it seems to think that there's no AC3 audio
in the file, after finding it in the stream.  I can post parts of the
verbose output this evening if that would be helpful.

Any suggestions?