[mythtv-users] Sort of OT, but about the Chaintech 7NIF2

Shane Hetzel shane-lists at thehillpeople.org
Wed Sep 15 02:04:09 EDT 2004

I agree. I already had to replace my 7NIF2 cooling fan. I always made a
significant amount of noise, but one day it started getting real loud. I
replaced it with a quiet kit, but I'd rather not have had to spend the $15
in the first place. Count yourself lucky.

If it's a microATX motherboard with a S-Video port underneath the parallel
port, then it's probably the right board. There aren't many that have an
S-Video port right on the motherboard. Most use a bracket. Beyond that, just
compare the pictures in the manual and on the website to the board. Is it
the same layout as far as you can tell? Motherboard layouts are like
fingerprints, to a degree. Although revisions of a printed circuit board can
change the layout slightly.

-Shane