[mythtv-users] Jarod's guide: Installing for the first time

Jake Sanders mythtv at sanders-family.us
Tue Sep 14 22:45:44 EDT 2004

Okay, I was having the same problem, and that helped me out.

However, I'm wanting to run CVS (I already have a machine running CVS on
Mandrake 10).  I tried rpm -e to get rid of the packages, but it gave me
some errors about dependencies.  So I tried rpm -e --nodeps (bad idea???).
This seemed to uninstall stuff, but now anytime I run apt-get, I get the
following "warnings":
  You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    mythtv-suite: Depends: mythtv-backend (>= 0.16) but it is not going to
be installed
                  Depends: mythtv-frontend (>= 0.16) but it is not going to
be installed
                  Depends: mythtvsetup (>= 0.16) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythmusic (>= 0.16) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythvideo (>= 0.16) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythweb (>= 0.16) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythweather (>= 0.15) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythgallery (>= 0.15) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythgame (>= 0.15) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.15) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythnews (>= 0.15) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythbrowser (>= 0.15) but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: mythtv-theme-photo (>= 4) but it is not going to
be installed
                  Depends: mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy (>= 0.20031214) but it
is not going to be installed
                  Depends: mythtv-theme-visor (>= 1:0.13.1) but it is not
going to be installed
                  Depends: mythtv-theme-sleek (>= 0.35) but it is not going
to be installed
                  Depends: mythtv-theme-gant (>= 0.pr1) but it is not going
to be installed
                  Depends: mythtv-theme-isthmus (>= 0.20040804) but it is
not going to be installed
                  Depends: mythtv-theme-abstract (>= 0.20040610) but it is
not going to be installed
  E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).

Is there something I can do to clean this up?  Or do I just have to live
with it?

Thanks,
Jake