[mythtv-users] Live TV Full Screen Issues

Adam Blomfield adam.blomfield at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 22:12:14 EDT 2004

I have been doing some more tweaking trying to fix the problem that I
posted about the other day and here is what I have found...

1. Resolution is set to 800x600 in both X configuration and Myth GUI
configuration. TV Playback is set to use GUI size.

2. GUI shows up just fine. I can see the whole thing and it is sized
correctly on the screen.

3. If I play a video from the MythVideo module it also displays correctly.

4. If I go to the TV module and to recorded programs the preview
images show up correctly so I know it is being recorded as it should,
however if I play a recording I only see the top left section of the

5. Live TV displays the same way as recording... just the top left corner.

6. If I go to the command prompt and run 'mplayer -fs -zoom
/var/video/filename.nuv' it displays full screen and shows the whole

At this point in time I am stumped. I don't know what else to try. I
tried remove everything and adding it back (all the mplayer and qt
stuff included), but it still won't work! It used to work before I did
the apt-get upgrade to 0.16 the other day and all the other packages
got updated along with the Myth modules. Any suggestions or solutions
are greatly appreciated.