[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport questions

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Sep 14 16:40:12 EDT 2004

 	OK... so perhaps I should have been more specific.  What I meant to say
was that 1 in 10 1-hour recordings had some bad audio frames.  Those were what
the muxer barfed on.  I'm trying to recall now if it was actually the muxer
(I'm using mplex), or avidemux that aborted the audio... just thought I'd ask
the question.

 	WRT transcode, I suspect it probably is a better tool, but right now
I've already got all the pieces to use avidemux (between nuvexport and my
script to apply the filters and 2-pass encoding, etc).  Is transcode pretty
good about dealing with cutlists?  It's horribly complicated to get all the
options set on it to what you need every time I've played with it.

 	Of course, I suppose I could kludge up the works some more by using the
mpeg2cut as it is, and then re-crunch the result.  Any thoughts on how tough it
would be to put the mpeg2cutting right in myththv directly?  I think
avidemux2/cursesgdk/etc is too much of a hack to be mainstream... :)

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*