[mythtv-users] Error creating mythconverg database after fresh .16 install...

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Sun Sep 12 01:52:32 EDT 2004

I decided to format and install FC2 and .16 following Jarod's guide. I got
through most of it without any serious issues (after upgrading the kernel
and enabling the at.testing repo), but am having a problem when I go to
create the database. Entering the line 'mysql -u root -p <
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.16/database/mc.sql'  results in the following error
ERROR 1064 at line 4: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TEMPORARY
TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv"' at line
Anyone have any thoughts as to what could be causing this error? I'm usually
pretty good at working through these kind of issues, but it's getting late
and I'm tired. :)
Nate Thompson