[mythtv-users] Error creating mythconverg database after fresh .16 install...

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Sun Sep 12 01:52:32 EDT 2004

I decided to format and install FC2 and .16 following Jarod's guide. I got
through most of it without any serious issues (after upgrading the kernel
and enabling the at.testing repo), but am having a problem when I go to
create the database. Entering the line 'mysql -u root -p <
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.16/database/mc.sql'  results in the following error
message:
ERROR 1064 at line 4: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TEMPORARY
TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv"' at line
1
Anyone have any thoughts as to what could be causing this error? I'm usually
pretty good at working through these kind of issues, but it's getting late
and I'm tired. :)
Thanks,
Nate Thompson