[mythtv-users] Error creating mythconverg database after fresh .16install...

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Sep 12 10:08:57 EDT 2004

<gripe>Please use text mode when posting to the list.</gripe>

I decided to format and install FC2 and .16 following Jarod's guide. I got
through most of it without any serious issues (after upgrading the kernel
and enabling the at.testing repo), but am having a problem when I go to
create the database. Entering the line 'mysql -u root -p <
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.16/database/mc.sql'  results in the following error
ERROR 1064 at line 4: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TEMPORARY
TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv"' at line
Anyone have any thoughts as to what could be causing this error? I'm usually
pretty good at working through these kind of issues, but it's getting late
and I'm tired. :)
Nate Thompson

I ran into the same problem. I just finished switching back to FC1 and was
going to try again but the darn apt repository is down. Will try again once
I can download some needed updates. Let me know if you fix it, I would
rather use FC2.