[mythtv-users] Scan for new Music issues

BP lists at qucae.com
Fri Sep 10 22:00:24 EDT 2004

thor wrote:
> On Friday 10 September 2004 06:25 pm, ben at ultraswank.com wrote:
>
>>Is there anyway I can manually run through the process
>>and explicitly find what file it's having problems with?  Am I even correct
>>in thinking it's a bad file and not something else?
>

> 	You could try:
>
> 		http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-20.html#ss20.2
>
> - thor

If you're not comfortable with the debugging route and your Samba share
is on a Windows machine, you can use Filemon from
http://www.sysinternals.com to find if it's a specific file it's choking
on (it shows you every file access, so you'll be able to see if it
always dies on the same file).  Just make sure you filter to your mp3
share or you'll get lots of noise.  There's also a linux version, but
it's broken with newer kernels.