[mythtv-users] Timeslot scheduling bug?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 10 03:06:37 EDT 2004

On 09/10/2004 01:37 AM, 1canuck2 wrote:

> Given that I permissed Myth to record this show anytime anywhere, I
> would think this is the appropriate time to use a conflict resolution
> algorithm that would solve the problem. At its simplest, it could use
> the following logic:
>
> If timeslot conflict exists, go look for the same episode elsewhere.
> If no conflict in other timeslot
> Record show there

 From the 0.16 "What's New" ( http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/WhatsNew ):

New Episodes Only Recording
Myth .16 will support recording of new episodes only, with a window
(default of 14 days) for a show to be reshown (and thus allowing the
scheduler to juggle shows around). This is of course highly data source
dependant. If your grabber doesn't supply enough info, you can't make
use of this.
Along with this: The repeat status is now available to the UI. Theme
authors can add REPEAT and LONGRPEAT to the descriptions of programs so
you may see: "(Repeat 2/12/2002) Some description text".

Mike