[mythtv-users] Should I upgrade my Mythbox to FC2?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 9 00:32:05 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 21:00, Hamish Tweedie wrote:
>   I've finally got my myth box actually running and doing the things it
>   should do (but still tweaking settings) and see that Jarod has issued
>   an FC2 update to his guide.
>
>   Given the hassle it took to get things working I'm a little reticent
>   about movign to FC2 in case I break things :-) Any
>   comments/justification/enticements as to why I should move to FC2 or a
>   2.6 kernel?

I'd say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :-)

I upgraded mainly for two reasons:

1) HDTV benefits from the 2.6 kernel and I wanted to get my pcHDTV card
running agin
2) So I could update my doc, since people have been asking for FC2 stuff

Things are still a bit hairy with FC2 (compared w/FC1), esp. in the ivtv
arena. However, FC1 goes end-of-life before much longer... It's supposed to
get picked up by Fedora Legacy, but FL is kinda dead in the water at the
moment... Still, I'd probably just wait until you have a compelling reason to
upgrade.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com