[mythtv-users] niveus pc remote control

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 7 16:47:44 EDT 2004

On 09/07/2004 03:34 PM, Aaron Griffin wrote:

>Curious about opinions on this:
>I was looking for a good RF remote.  This seems to have it all.
Pretty nice.  It looks almost identical to my ATI Remote Wonder, but
it's got a slightly different button configuration (possibly--if they're
not duplicates--including 2 extra buttons--they don't show a picture big
enough to read the printed labels on the plastic body).

Since the ATI RW is made by X10, I would guess that this one is, also.
Since the X10 remotes (including the ATI) is supported by LIRC (or as a
keyboard with a driver from the Linux 2.6.x kernel source, but that
required modifying keyboard shortcuts for every program you plan to
use), this one is probably supported (but I won't guarantee it :).

If you do get one and find out it works, please let us know.

The niveus is $39.99 + $4.99 S&H - $10 mail-in rebate = $34.98 from
newegg (
) while the ATI remote wonder is $32 + $0.99 S&H = $32.99 (