[mythtv-users] niveus pc remote control

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Sep 7 16:13:34 EDT 2004

On 9/7/2004 3:34 PM, Aaron Griffin wrote:

>Curious about opinions on this:
>http://store.niveusmedia.com/s.nl/c.304836/sc.2/category.2/it.A/id.4/.f
>
>I was looking for a good RF remote.  This seems to have it all.

Looks like the ATI Remote Wonder and the X10 Lola.  I have the ATI
Remote Wonder and have been hacking around the ati_remote module that is
now build into kernel 2.6 (as of 2.6.6 I think?).  Haven't had much time
to play with it yet.  My initial impressions are good except that the
keymap is not configurable without modifying the ati_remote source code
and the default keymap is only partially Myth friendly (but I am working
on that and will post patches).

--
David

P.S.  $39.95 doesn't sound bad except that you may be able to find the
Lola remote for less than $10 w/shipping.  The ATI remote was selling
for $49.95 if you buy it direct.