"Value-minded" system configuration (was Re: [mythtv-users] Looking for your experience)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 7 13:53:25 EDT 2004

On 09/07/2004 01:30 PM, Ryan Steffes wrote:

>>with the absolute quiet you'll get from putting the system in another
>>room/closet and passing the cables through the wall.  And, for aesthetic
>>appeal, nothing beats moving all your components (A/V receiver,
>>cable/satellite receiver, VCR, DVD player, etc.) to another room and
>>leaving only a TV and speakers in your main viewing room.  Then, using a
>>LIRC transmitter, you can configure your Myth box to control all your
>>components and relegate all your remotes--save one--to a shoebox in a
>>closet.
>>

>With that in mind, shouldn't you put an RF-Remote on there?

That's actually what I'm doing because I had an ATI Remote Wonder lying
around, but it's not necessary:

The PVR-250 provides a fully functional IR remote control for those not
wanting to delve into electronics construction, and the long wire on the
IR receiver can be routed through a wall allowing you to place the
system in another room.

Mike