[mythtv-users] Pundit-r with ATI

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 11:43:58 EDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:36:15 +0100 (BST), Prash <prashk at staff.btltd.net> wrote:
> I've had to upgrade the kernel to 2.6.8 from fedora updates to get it to
> recognize the Pundit-r ethernet card.
>
> Yes I'm trying to install fglrx 3.11 from ATI website but it refuses to
> compile. Someone on rage3d.com posted a patch but it is for an older
> version and that wesite is broken.
>

> > On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:54:02 +0100 (BST), Prash <prashk at staff.btltd.net>
> > wrote:
> >> Anyone know how to get the TVOUT working for Pundit-R with ATI. Jarod's
> >> guide mentions Pundit with SiS but not ATI. I believe mine is on board
> >> ATI
> >> Radeon 9100.
> >>
> >> The linux drivers available from ATI fail to compile on Fedora Core 2.
> >> Fedora supplied ati driver does not provide accelerated graphics and
> >> TVOUT
> >> does not work.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Prash
> >

> > Are you using a version of the kernel that requires the fglrx patch?

I'm not entirely sure how FC does it, but using rpms for Mandrake I
had to go in and recompile the modules and kernel so fglrx could link
against them (I guess).  Didn't have to install the modules, just
compile them.  For me, that was:

cd /usr/src/linux
make xconfig
<SAVE>
(at this point check your Makefile for _custom and ditch it)
make modules
make bzImage (for good measure)

then I could go in and compile fglrx just fine.  Worst to worst it'll
give you some false hope while you search for an answer.

If this doesn't help you out, go over to www.rage3d.com and check out
the linux forum there.  I think there's even a FC2 guide to fglrx.