[mythtv-users] Re: Cannot set a recording

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Sep 6 17:57:20 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 09:38:03AM -0400, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 20:42:58 -0400, Michael J. Sherman
> <msherman at dsbox.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, the interface just threw me for a loop.  It appeared as a list of
> > options.  It was not entirely clear that you had to scroll left/right to
> > get options to change.  Perhaps a different UI scheme (something more
> > standard) would be better and more intuitive; at least a little arrow
> > indicator perhaps next to the option to denote the fact that you can in
> > fact go left/right to change it.
>
> Well, if you're using CVS you should be following the commits list,
> which included instructions on how to use the screen (as do the
> release notes Isaac linked to on mythtv.org).  Some further work will
> be done on this screen in the future to add visual cues to indicate
> when you can use left/right but pretty much everything on that screen
> can be scrolled with left/right.

And I don't think anyone has any problems with that.

I *do* hope, though, that that work gets done before 0.16 is cut... :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi