[mythtv-users] PVR350 and SPDIF

James Satterfield jsatter at uberduper.com
Mon Sep 6 11:59:33 EDT 2004

I'm using a pvr350 for tvout. Currently I'm running the audio out from the
pvr350 to the line-in on the onboard sound. Speaker out on the sound goes to
the stereo. I'd like to use spdif to the stereo. I've seen in the past that
it's difficult to get the sound card to take the line-in audio and pump it
out over the spdif.

If any of you have successfully set this up, would you please explain how
you did it? Perhaps attach some config files, etc.

Also, for a sound card with one of the 1/8" jacks for spdif, what would you
use to connect that to a "digital coax" input on a receiver? Just the left
|| right of a mini plug to composite audio cable?

Thanks,
James.