[mythtv-users] no keyboard within externel applications

Sebastian Heuer seb at belanur.de
Mon Sep 6 10:53:50 EDT 2004

ok, this is what I did:

- configured X to start fluxbox as the default windowmanager (placed
fluxbox in ~/.xinitrc)
- configured fluxbox to load mythfrontend at startup (this is done via
the session.RootCommand option in ~/.fluxbox/init)

basically that did the trick, I can now control mplayer via keyboard...
but both xmame and snes9x still don't work correctly. they seem to
start, but don't receive focus, so they're somewhere 'behind' mythtv. I
can stop them via the esc key and continue using mythtv though...

any additional clues? :)