[mythtv-users] Re: SOLICITATION: Record/Transcode Parameters Wanted

David myth at dgreaves.com
Thu Sep 2 17:46:47 EDT 2004

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>This sort of infrastructural stuff is what I live for (not really being
>a coder, and given the dearth of seats for designer/analysts amongst
>open source projects :-); I'm going to be taking a serious swing at
>trying to get it all marching in at least the right general direction,
>if not in step.
>
>Once I've got something to show you on that front, I will.
>
>Cheers,
>-- jra

I've been thinking about running doxygen against a daily cvs pull and
then linking into that from the wiki.

I still think the walkthrough idea makes sense but it needs to be done
against major chunks. I just didn't feel particularly motivated at the
time so I went and did work on some other stuff. Anyway, I've recently
upgraded the wiki software and patched it to make management easier.
I've also started to develop a patch to grant action rights (eg upload
image).

Since BayLink's doing some work on the tables I think getting automated
object docs would be good. Isaac suggested on IRC recently that he'd be
amenable to (brief) doxygen style comments and I'd be interested to see
if we could work out a way of getting code annotation patches into cvs.
The question is - do we just start submitting doxygen patches or do we
need to figure out a way of developing a reasonable set and then making
them available to Isaac/mythtv-dev for review?

Eventually I guess the doxygen stuff could go alongside the cvs viewer
on mythtv.org if we do a good enough job?

David