[mythtv-users] pcHDTV with FX5200 TV-Out

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Oct 31 02:03:27 UTC 2004

On Friday 29 October 2004 21:55, Michael S. Keller wrote:
> > 1080i: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/cbs-in-hd.nuv
> > 720p: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/abc-in-hd.nuv
>
> Both of these play for me, though the ABC clip plays better (the CBS
> clip's audio sounds a bit too compressed, like it's single sideband).

I have had problems with CBS if I go straight to a CBS recording or straight
to CBS in live TV. The audio is fine if you go to another channel, then back
to CBS. Or, what I'm actually doing, switch to raw AC3 audio output to your
amp.

> Neither fills the screen and when I do anything that invokes the OSD, I
> get stutter thereafter unless I save position, exit and restart play.
>
> Hardware is
>
> Celeron 1.4GHz, board capable of only 2x AGP

Wow. I'm amazed you even get as far as you do...

> nVidia FX5200
> 256MB
> ATA-133 controller with 200GB disk
> XvMC enabled (if I disable XvMC, I get stutter)
> Running Myth 0.16, compiled to use XvMC.

Ah, okay, XvMC does offload a considerable amount of the work to the GPU.

To make HD really viable, I think you're going to have to look at replacing
that motherboard and CPU with a faster combination.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...