[mythtv-users] High CPU load on playback

Henry Chin hoichin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 05:09:57 UTC 2004

My mythtv system is working greate with the one
exception to high cpu load when playing back a
recording.  When I watch livetv the cpu load for X is
about 10%.  When watching a recording cpu load for X
is about 60% with occasional prebuffering pause.  I
had previously fixed a problem with livetv whereby
setting the defaultcolordepth for X to use 16 instead
of 24 in the XF86Config-4 file.  Reason for this was
my SiS650 video driver was not properly supporting 24.
 I would assume the same color depth would apply
independent of livetv or playback, but for some reason
the cpu load is still high on playback.  Is there a
special setting for playback that is different from livetv?